[ale] Home Network

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 5 20:36:32 EDT 2000

One option you might find more desirable is to run thin-net coax cable,
because it doesn't require you to run a hub. You can probably find old
thin-net cable in your local used computer shop, along with a couple
of cards that accept 10b2 ethernet. Keep in mind you'll need 2
terminators for each end of the cable.

This is a nice setup if you have a few computers and they are close to
each other.  It's a really bad setup for a lot of computers or if you
want neatly wire the cable in the wall.

-Eric.