[ale] wu-ftpd & inetd

James Kinney jkinney at teller.physics.emory.edu
Tue Sep 5 17:12:54 EDT 2000

By selecting the workstation installation, there are no server-style daemons
installed or running. It is exactly a workstation. If you need the machine to be
a generic *nix box, you must select custom and then install nearly everything. If
you select server, it will install all the server tools and daemons, but no X to
eat up resources.

If you need to add the features missing, the easiest way would be to do an
upgrade and select the additional packages you need. The installer will then tell
you if you have dependency problems and can install packages as needed to solve
those problems.

JimK