[ale] w in Digital Unix

Teo Maslo ale at maslotech.com
Mon Sep 4 21:13:00 EDT 2000

Hiya guys,    I am very much a
newbie in Unix world so please bear with me. I amworking with some people on
a student server at University. It is runningDigital Unix V4.0e for Alpha. A
little problem we have is that when we run wit shows connections that have
been terminated. Here are the screen shots:dreamer at toaster ~$
w10:28  up 5 days, 20:09,  9 users,  load average: 0.10,
0.13, 0.12User
tty
from
login@    idle   JCPU   PCPU
whatdreamer  p0
usasa211898.city 14:31        4
5:25   5:25 wdreamer
p1         usasa211898.city
14:40
6days
-and alsodreamer at toaster ~$ ps x   PID
TTY
S           TIME
CMD   580 ??
<      0:00.00 <defunct>  5060
ttypa    S        0:01.16
-bash (bash)lastly when I try kill the process this is what
happensdreamer at toaster ~$ kill 580bash: kill: (580) - No such
pidHas anyone else seen this before and does anyone know how to fix
it?Regards,Teo Maslo