[ale] IPFW firewall rules permitting ftp transfers ?

Gary Maltzen maltzen at MM.COM
Mon Sep 4 13:14:35 EDT 2000

It sounds like you aren't letting the "active" ftp-data (tcp/20) sessions
back through the firewall.

Unless you specify a "passive" connection, when you attempt to download a
file the remote server will attempt to contact your system on port 20
(actually incoming port-1) to establish a data session.