[ale] [ale-admin] (no subject)

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Sun Sep 3 22:15:39 EDT 2000

Jeff Hubbs writes:
 > About two years ago, an Installfest at Emory marked my bigtime entry into Linux.  I
 > had installed it maybe three times before that, but the IBM Thinkpad I had was a
 > tougher nut than I was capable of cracking at the time.  I think Jim Kinney was
 > there.  I still have the LUGE Red Hat 5.1 CD I was given that day.
 >
 > Anyway, it was a marvelous thing to see and I certainly encourage the practice.

Oh man.  I'm glad that that installfest was useful to someone.  As I
recall we only did about 2 or 3 installs that day, and no one seemed
very interested.  After reading about everyone else's inspirational
installfests it was quite a letdown.

Thanks for letting me know it wasn't all wasted energy.  That made my
day--or rather night.

--Michael