[ale] smbmounting

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Tue Oct 31 16:33:33 EST 2000

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>No.  I am now loging in as local administrator.  but what is
the correct sytax with
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>smbclient -L winbloze -U ????
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
For
DOMAIN nad logname?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Chris

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gary Maltzen
  [mailto:maltzen at mm.com]Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 4:27
  PMTo: Chris FowlerSubject: Re: [ale]
  smbmounting
  Are you logging into them with
  domain\Administrator or system\Administrator account??

  It was a cold, windy night
  and the full moon was out; <A title=ChrisF at computone.com
  href="mailto:ChrisF at computone.com">Chris Fowler was seen rummaging
  through an old bag of tricks muttering:
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    I am trying to backup a winbloze NT network by mounting all
    the shares.  I have 4 servers and 1 is a PDC.  I can log into 2 as
    Administrator but the other 2 I can not.  On the NT console I can log
    into all as Administrator.  I know the password is the same on all due
    to the PDC but for some reason I can not log into 2 of them from
    smbclient.  Does anyone know what might be causing this on the NT
    side?