[ale] What can one do with 'xwrappers' in RH6.2?

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Fri Oct 27 09:48:04 EDT 2000

Xwrapper is a very tiny (6 KB) program which appears to pass ownership of
X server processes to specific workstation users. Like when you're logging
in through a display manager client (such as the GNOME login panel), I think
this piece starts the server on behalf of your userid. I guess. I'm deriving
most of this through a combo of a "strings Xwrapper" dump and an examination
of its setuid bit (which is on). So for all I know, I may just be blowing
smoke. :)

And FWIW, your email appeared to be HTML-free.