[ale] Controlling NT from Linux

Bao Ha baoh at linuxwizardry.com
Wed Oct 25 12:36:29 EDT 2000

Two
choices:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
(1) NT
Terminal services.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
(2)
Telnetd:  either from the NT resource disk or from Attaman's shareware
version
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>(<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2><A
href="ftp://utahwired.com:/users/ataman/products/">ftp://utahwired.com/users/ataman/products/).

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Bao

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: owner-ale at ale.org
  [mailto:owner-ale at ale.org]On Behalf Of Chris FowlerSent:
  Wednesday, October 25, 2000 12:28 PMTo: 'Michael
  Phillips'Cc: 'ale at ale.org'Subject: RE: [ale] Controlling
  NT from Linux
  want NT to receive connection and I want to run the CMD prompt over
  serial.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Michael Phillips
    [mailto:mike at coosavalley.net]Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000
    12:18 PMTo: Chris FowlerSubject: RE: [ale] Controlling
    NT from Linux
    <SPAN
    class=444141716-25102000>Hyperterm will do just what you want along with
    Procomm and other modem dialer programs.
    <SPAN
    class=444141716-25102000>
    <SPAN
    class=444141716-25102000>Mike
    <BLOCKQUOTE
    style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: owner-ale at ale.org
      [mailto:owner-ale at ale.org]On Behalf Of Chris FowlerSent:
      Wednesday, October 25, 2000 10:34 AMTo:
      'ale at ale.org'Subject: [ale] Controlling NT from
      Linux
      I would like to conenct the serial port from my Linux box
      to a Winbloze NT box.  I do have telnetd from Exceed running on the
      NT box, but I would prefer some sort of serial login program.  does
      anyone know of one that can be downloaded off the net that will allow me
      to get a cmd prompt from my linux box over a serial cable?
      Thanks, Chris