[ale] Controlling NT from Linux

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Wed Oct 25 12:27:31 EDT 2000

I want
NT to receive connection and I want to run the CMD prompt over serial.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Michael Phillips
  [mailto:mike at coosavalley.net]Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000
  12:18 PMTo: Chris FowlerSubject: RE: [ale] Controlling
  NT from Linux
  <SPAN
  class=444141716-25102000>Hyperterm will do just what you want along with
  Procomm and other modem dialer programs.
  <SPAN
  class=444141716-25102000>
  <SPAN
  class=444141716-25102000>Mike
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: owner-ale at ale.org
    [mailto:owner-ale at ale.org]On Behalf Of Chris FowlerSent:
    Wednesday, October 25, 2000 10:34 AMTo:
    'ale at ale.org'Subject: [ale] Controlling NT from
    Linux
    I would like to conenct the serial port from my Linux box to
    a Winbloze NT box.  I do have telnetd from Exceed running on the NT
    box, but I would prefer some sort of serial login program.  does anyone
    know of one that can be downloaded off the net that will allow me to get a
    cmd prompt from my linux box over a serial cable?
    Thanks, Chris