[ale] Mounting NTFS

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Oct 25 12:09:19 EDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 11:53:27AM -0400, frost33 at mindspring.com wrote:
> Has anyone successfully mounted an NTFS partition in read/write mode (without corrupting anything, of course)?  If so, could you point me in the right direction?

(fix your line wrap!)

If you're using Win2K (ie NTFS5) you won't be able to mount it R/W period.

I think the write problems stem from the NTFS security model not quite
mapping to the Unix model.

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                        pizza at cc.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(404)294-6978
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...