[ale] linuxgruven.com

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Oct 24 05:33:18 EDT 2000

James Kinney wrote:

> Run away screaming and call the BBB.

Agreed.

> No legit company is going to charge en employee an "upfront fee" for their
> own training.

Agreed.

> It stinks of scam. They sell "training" with the potential that you can
> land a $45K job afterwards.

Agreed.  If they are willing to pay you $45k, then you're worth the cost
of training to them.  Are they providing the training?  If not, who is?

I've worked with HR folks for about 5 years now. These days, companies
are paying signing bonuses, not taking money from new employees.  It's a
scam.  If it's not a scam, you don't want to work for them anyway,
because they don't have the right culture.  Training should be an
investment in the employee, well worth THEIR money.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein