[ale] info

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Tue Oct 17 09:17:00 EDT 2000

Firstly, if you're using a VERY recent Linux distro, some mfgrs. are moving
the info and man pages into the /usr/share hierarchy, so check to see if
there's anything funky going on. Assuming that's not the case, there should
be a file called dir in /usr/info. This is known as the "root document" in
Infoland. Not only is it the default page when you exec info with no args,
but it also *seems* to be a director of sorts for where to find info docs
that you specify.

The Info system should include a utility called install-info that lets you
add entries to the dir file. There's an info page on install-info to help
you get started.