[ale] Roaring Penguin PPPoE and 2.4 kernels?

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Mon Oct 16 20:21:24 EDT 2000

I am using 2.4test9, but using Telocity, which is ADSL router-based and only
requires DHCP of me. Depending on what kind of ADSL hardware HellSloth sticks
you with, you might be able to get by with only DHCP as well. But if you
need PPPoE, just make sure to include the "PPPoE" option in the 2.4 config,
under the networking protocols section. If I'm reading the Roaring Penguin
slides correctly, the RP userland PPPoE client becomes unnecessary. Be sure
to upgrade your PPP daemon, though, so it'll be PPPoE-aware.