[ale] OT: DSL with Telocity

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Sun Oct 15 16:55:42 EDT 2000

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Kevin J. Schmidt wrote:

> I hope your phone lines are buried. If you have phone lines above the
> ground, then your ADSL could totally suck. I ordered MindLink ADSL and had
> to get rid of it and get Road Runner. The ADSL was constantly up and down,
> and not to mention slow! I know of a few other MindLink ADSL customers who
> are seeing the exact same problems, and they all have above ground phone
> lines. I think part of the problem is due to the fact that phone lines
> aren't shielded as well as cable lines. Your phone line is subject to
> environmental interference.

No, all the phone lines in Schenectady are above ground AFAIK.  The
possible exception would be the GE campus near here, which is mostly
abandoned these days.

> The Road Runner stuff works great! I highly recommend it.

Might go that way yet, I granted Telocity an extension because I finally
got an answer on ticket status other than "open."  I have been put in
touch with Verizon, and working directly with a Verizon tech to resolve
this.  He said it would be probably about 12 days, which would be 10 days
from today, unless he meant business days, which he might have, I'm not
sure.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
122 days is too long to wait for Telocity and Verizon to hook up my DSL.