[ale] Connecting to BellSouth DSL with Linux

doe, john m_c_j at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 15 15:17:21 EDT 2000

I am having a frustrating time trying to connect to Bellsouth's DSL
service using Linux. My /var/log/messages file keeps sending the error
"LCP: timeout sending config requests" and then "connection terminated".
I have edited my pap-secrets file in the format <username> * <password>
*.

When I got DSL from Bellsouth, the guy gave me a cd which had NTS's
linux software version on it. They have their own pppoe program on
there, and a /etc/ppp/options.pppoe file.  Anyway, Bellsouth doesn't
support Linux so I can't call them. I'm sure there are many out there
who are using BellSouth DSL with Linux. Does anyone know what might be
wrong? Thanks