[ale] Re: open port!

reji at sbc.edu.ph reji at sbc.edu.ph
Thu Oct 12 17:56:00 EDT 2000

>You should use a port scanning utility like nmap or saint.

	Where can i find this utility?

>Also, look at/etc/services, /etc/inetd.conf, /etc/hosts.allow, and
>/etc/hosts.deny to see which ports are enabled and which have been
>eithered commented out or have been denied access.

	In /etc/sevices - what should I do? do i have to put comments on
those ports (services that is not needed)  that open?

	In /etc/inetd.cont - what should I do? do I have to put comments
those ports that is not needed and not being use by servers? examples is
an dns server, what will i comment to it so that dns server will be only
dns server and no one is allowed remotely just the console login?

ex. for ftp server - can I comment telnet, smtp, ipop3, etc.

	What will I do to /etc/hosts.deny and allow?

Reji