[ale] Linux and POS

Irv irv at ellijay.com
Tue Oct 10 21:04:56 EDT 2000

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 11:45:53AM +0930, Teo Maslo wrote:
> > Firstly I must say that I am not very comofrtable with  Linux as I lack knowledge about it,
however I believe in its strengths aas presented by other Linux enthusiasts.
What I was wondering was if there is a POS solution for Linux anywhere in the
wolrd that is better product than its counter part Windows programs. I am
intrested as we are currently looking to replace our POS system and we need
something reliable and good (which is VERY hard to find). > > In case such
product does exist, it would have to be multi-site. > -

Please forgive if this gets double posted - the copy I sent early this a.m.
still has not shown up ...

 Well, in a word, yes.
See  http://www.bynari.com/collateral/pos.htm for an analysis of why
they  are using Linux POS for retail gas stations (Marc Allen,  Schlumberger
Technologies)

OG Consulting http://www.og-consulting.com/linuxpos_eng.html offers an
inexpensive generic POS for  Linux.

Viewtouch http://www.viewtouch.com/poshome.html offers a touchscreen POS for