[ale] OT: DSL with Telocity

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Oct 10 13:08:32 EDT 2000

OK, I'm REALLY about to show my ignorance here ...

The DHCP-assigned static IP is mapped in Telocity's DNS server to a unique
canonical name, of the form dsl-A-B-C-D.telocity.com for the numerical
A.B.C.D. So if you query A.B.C.D, it'll return the canonical (and vice-versa).

You're probably going in the direction of "how can I point my domain name to
my DSL box?". That's one of their FAQs, linked below:

http://home.telocity.com/help/engine/ic.asp?get=D070002