[ale] Various Rambling Linux Thoughts/Difficulties

Bao Ha baoh at linuxwizardry.com
Tue Oct 10 09:48:05 EDT 2000

I would not reccommend downloading the CD ISO images directly.

Please go to http://cdimage.debian.org for the proper way of doing it.

The reccommended way is to:

- grab the pseudo-image-kit
- build the ISO images using a close-by mirror
- use rsync to complete the official ISO images

By doing this, you lighten the load on the servers containing the
official ISO images, and allow more people to access them.  Plus,
rsync will recover from crashes and repair any discrenpacies between
your images and the official one.

Bao