[ale] Ctrl-Alt-F7 doesn't work

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Tue Oct 10 08:59:16 EDT 2000

1) On other systems, and this one previously, CTRL-ALT-F7 works ALSO.
2) You're correct that Alt-F7 without the control works, but...
3) When I'm running VMWare (especially in full-screen mode), I used to
use CTRL-ALT-F7 to "return cursor control" to X.  VMWare says to
use CTRL-ALT-ESCAPE, but unfortunately, CTRL-ALT-ESCAPE triggers my
laptop's Suspend mode.  (This is "workaround from VMWare").
ALT-F7 does not accomplish this.

Any more ideas?

dcorbin at machturtle.com