[ale] Apache driving me nuts

Gary S. Mackay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Thu Oct 5 08:01:45 EDT 2000

Hi Glenn,
	I haven't followed the whole thread, so forgive me if you've tried this
already. I fought the same problem once and finally found this in the
httpd.conf file. Make sure this section looks like this:

<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>

Notice the "^\.ht" portion. That is what makes the difference. I'm not an
apache expert so I don't know exactly yet what it does/doesn't do, but I know
that is what gave me the 403 errors on my box.

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554