[ale] 'Nother Question: Starting 'eth0' Automagically

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Nov 29 20:49:59 EST 2000

My firewall machine has two nics, one is using the tulip driver.  Here
are the entries in my modules.conf file for this device:

alias eth1 tulip
pre-install eth1 modprobe -k pci-scan

I don't recall if the previous posts indicated the dist/version, mine is
Mandrake 7.1 and the other files that are used to bring this puppy up on
boot are:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
/etc/sysconfig/network

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein