[ale] Install Fest

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Nov 28 16:16:17 EST 2000

Chris Woodruff wrote:

> A Linux Installfest is an event where people can bring their computers to have Linux installed by those who are familiar doing Linux installations and configurations.
>
> Now in this day and age when installing Linux is much easier than just 2 years ago,

This comment just prompted a twisted suggestion in my equally twisted
head.  How about a contest to see who can do the fastest install??
Maybe it can be called, "the quickest fix for Windows NT|2000|9[58]."

Obviously, you'd have to come up with some requirements, otherwise
everyone would choose the "I know nothing about Linux, install it for
me" option.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein