[ale] max number of processes

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 27 22:14:12 EST 2000

You have to edit /usr/include/linux/tasks.h, then rebuild the kernel

The comment:

/*
 * This is the maximum nr of tasks - change it if you need to
 */

NR_TASKS defaults to 512
MAX_TASKS_PER_USER defaults to NR_TASKS/4

So, if you want to run more than 128 tasks as a single user id, you
might only need to change the second define.

-Eric.