[ale] Question

Phil Heaton pheaton at mail.lumpkin.k12.ga.us
Mon Nov 27 16:32:18 EST 2000

I have added an Ethernet driver to my system, made the necessary adjustments, to
the ../drivers/net/Config.in and ../drivers/net/Makefile, and my top level Makefile. My
compile runs flawless and I can find the .o file in the ../drivers/net/ and ../modules
directories. When I "make install" and "make modules_install" all goes well with
the exception that my /boot/module-info-2.X file is not being updated with my new
module information, so I cannot find it when I run the Kernel daemon config using
the RedHat control panel. how do I get this file to update along with the new module
information?

I thought about just compiling it in the kernel and forget the module thang, but...

Phil