[ale] HP BETA OFFERING -- Linux Admin I Course - Atlanta, 12/11-12/15

MANGAN,ERLINA (HP-USA,ex1) erlina_mangan at hp.com
Tue Nov 21 15:09:42 EST 2000

I believe that this offering from Hewlett-Packard may interest your group.

----------------------

New 5-day LINUX ADMINISTRATION I BETA Course in Atlanta, 12/10 -
12/15/2000!!!!

Course #:		H7091S
Length:		5 days
Price:		$2500 US or 5 HP TrainingPak Units
Date:			12/11 - 12/15/2000
Location: 		Atlanta, GA

This NEW 5-day course provides those with basic UNIX or Linux user skills
with
the knowledge and skills necessary to install Linux and to perform basic
network
services configurations.  Topics include system administration basics,
configuring
X-window, configuring the kernel, and logical volume manager (LVM).  This
course,
coupled with the next course, Linux Admin II (HP H7092s) is our recommended
curriculum for those wishing to become LINUX Professional Institute
(LPI) Level 1 certified.  (For more information on LPI certification
refer to their web-site at http://www.lpi.org.)

Course Benefits:
 * Learn to perform basic system administration tasks
 * Gain an understanding of user interfaces, file systems and Linux run
states
 * Acquire the techniques for recovering an unbootable system
 * Gain knowledge of networking, LVM, and the Network File System

Prerequisites:
* Basic UNIX or Linux user skills,
* Fundamentals of the UNIX System (HP 51434S) or
* Linux for Experienced Windows NT administrators (HP H3586S)

Course Goals
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to successfully
install, configure and bring online a Linux system. This course should also
help prepare the student for LPI Linux certification exam 101.

To register:
http://www.hp.com/education/

Or phone 1-800-HPCLASS (1-800-472-5277) and request BETA course number
H7091S, Atlanta,
12/11 - 12/15/2000.