[ale] RMP major package numbers?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Nov 22 14:53:15 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 07:19:08PM -0000, Ian Monk wrote:
> I am trying to install some RMP packages but keep getting the error message
> :
>
> "only packages with major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM"

Bad boy.

The first thing you should do after installing a redhat (or any other)
system is to download and install the updates that the vendor has
released.

rpm-3.0.5 is what you need, and it's in the redhat updates directory of
your favorite linux ftp mirror.  (or updates.redhat.com)

(that said, RH should be shot for supplying a broken version of RPM with
 RH6.2)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344