[ale] Streaming to mp3

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Tue Nov 21 10:24:43 EST 2000

eric innis writes:
 > Does anyone know of a program that takes streaming
 > audio and makes a file out of it?  I haven't found any
 > programs out there that can do it, though I can't see
 > why it is impossible.

I'm not sure I understand.  What format is the stream in and where is
it coming from?  Is it a streaming mp3 from the internet?  Then I
believe that xmms has an output-to-file plugin option.  Is it coming
in off the audio inputs?  Then you can just cat it into a file.

I can think of some other combinations, too.  If you can be a bit more
precise as to what you are trying to do then I bet we can find a
solution.

--Michael