[ale] senmail.cf question

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Nov 20 11:17:01 EST 2000

I have installed Red Hat 6.2 on a sparc 10.  Sendmail does not work.  Linuxconfig does not help.

mail.mindspring.com is my mail server (dial up).
Dynamic ip assignment.
host xena2
login: jaws

I tried to compare the senmail.cf file in my upgraded intel Red Hat 5.1 ---> 6.1 machine.  There is a line about relay.  I first tried a simple substitution of the entire file.  I then tried to find the equivalent lines in the two files so I could update the sparc sendmail.cf.  No luck.

When I try to send mail:  mail jaws at mindspring.com  etc. etc. I see the modem lights flicker as it send mail.  I see the modem lights flicker as the sparc tries to send mail every 10 minutes.  A peek at the maillog shows obscure errors regarding"m04" from mindspring....

Anyhone have a modern 6.2 sendmail.cf file who uses a dialup that I can modify to fit mindspring??

John