[ale] Duplicate DNS?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Nov 17 23:08:56 EST 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 06:14:35PM -0700, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I have a fun DNS one for someone.  Can you have DNS give a different
> answer depending no source IP/Net?  For my internal net, all my

Known as Split-brain DNS, yes.  :)  I don't recommend it, as it tends to
create a lot of headaches if there are more than a few machines on the
inside.

One way of doing it os to use ipchians ro redirect ports, but you could
always just bind one copy to each interface instead.. there's nothing that
says your DNS server has to listen on everything.  :)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344