[ale] OT: Silicon Valley cost of living?

Dunlap, Randy randy.dunlap at intel.com
Fri Nov 10 11:48:01 EST 2000

I would concur with Bob and Jim, but I haven't lived
there, so I don't have first-hand experience about that.

I do travel there sometimes, and I concur that the traffic
is awful.  I would agree that it's worse than Atlanta.
(I moved from Gwinnett County 3 years ago, but I still
visit there.)

Most people who I know who work there live 30 miles
away and go to work/home at non-peak travel hours.

I wouldn't want to try to buy a house in S.V.  It would
be very rude sticker shock.  Heck, housing prices in
Portland, OR, are bad compared to Atlanta, but they
are nothing like S.V. IMO.

|randy.dunlap_at_intel.com        503-677-5408|
|NOTE: Any views presented here are mine alone|
|& may not represent the views of my employer.|