[ale] OT: Silicon Valley cost of living?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 11:40:12 EST 2000

I have to concur with Bob.  I have been there several times in the last
year, and each time I left convincing myself that it would be a mistake
to move.  Sure there are some spectacular views, and yes Wine Country
is within reach.  BUT, unless you can pull down a salary around $200K,
your quality of life (and I don't even know you) is better in Atlanta.
Have you explored 'telecomuting' to the Bay Area and only physically
visiting a few times a year.  I know several (~25) people who do this
for a few companies located in SFO.  Basically they just go there for
big meetings/parties.

-Jim P.