[ale] Apache compile docs - help

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Thu Nov 9 11:02:11 EST 2000

According to the PHP docs, you have to follow a set of instructions to
compile it into the kernel correctly.  Ditto for SSL.  MySQL support for
Apache doesn't need to be set in Apache, but in MySQL.  Mod Perl also has a
set of procedures to follow.

Here's what I do:

Put all your stuff in /usr/src  (PHP, SSL, Apache, mod_perl, etc...)
./configure in Apache
./configure in mod_perl
./configure in PHP
./configure --activate-module=path/to/mod_perl --activate-module=path/to/PHP
make
make test
make install

The instructions to activate/enable modules is pretty straightforward, as
are the instructions in the INSTALL/README files for PHP, mod_perl, and SSL
... I believe all of them start with running ./configure in your Apache
directory...

I can send you my config.status for each module if this is too confusing.

Cheers!
Jay

At 08:58 AM 11/9/2000 -0500, Gary S. Mackay wrote:
>Where can I find info on what parameters and steps are required to compile
>apache with several modules? I would like, what I'm guessing is a standard
>web setup:
>
>Apache, MySQL, SSL, PHP(3 and/or 4), and maybe perl
>
>I have successfully compiled/installed apache with php, but can't seem
>to find the right combination of steps/.configure options to get all
>of them to play together nicely.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Gary
>

>--

-----
Jay Finch                       : "There are two major products that
(770) 650-0410 (voice)          : come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX
horus at larp.com          : We do not believe this to be a
horus at spamcop.net               : coincidence."
MTBI Survey says: ENFJ  : --Jeremy S. Anderson
    Check out my home page at: http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/

To Decode:  http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/