[ale] Optimal Name Resolution Setup in Mixed Environment

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Wed Nov 8 14:24:19 EST 2000

Dan -

Thanks for your response; this was exactly what I was looking for.

I have a question, though.  How do the non-Windows machines resolve names
for the machines that are DHCP clients?  That seems to be part of the
problem I'm having now - Linux can't even ping an ip address if it can't
resolve a name for it!

- Jeff