[ale] USB problems

'Stephen Pellicer' spellicer at 8thlayer.net
Wed Nov 8 11:48:17 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 08:10:18AM -0800, Dunlap, Randy wrote:
> The FAQ at www.linux-usb.org says that Asus P2B-DS and P2B-D
> mobos have a design flaw related to a voltage problem.
> See http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html#sh2 .  That section
> also points to an ASUS web site for a hardware solution,
> but that URL isn't working now.
>
> You could search at www.asus.com.tw to see if they have
> any more info on it -- but I didn't find it.  Or you could
> ask on the Linux-USB mailing list about it.  See
> www.linux-usb.org/mailing.html for info on that.

I ran across this as well and I figured my P2B-F was affected like
there other P2B's. Ran a search on deja and found tons of articles
complaining about it. You apparently gotta short around a resistor on
the mobo. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it or not (I can solder, I'm
just not good at it :). I might try it because I'm probably gonna be
too impatient to send in the board for a fix and I'll end up buying a
new mobo _again_.

> I don't think the kbd is the problem.  Indications point to
> your mobo, but you don't want to hear that.  :(

I truly didn't. I might try this hardware hack with the resistor and
see how it goes. Thanks a lot for your very informative response!

Stephen