[ale] linuxsparc monitor question

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Tue Nov 7 06:41:16 EST 2000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:

> I have a sparc10 running linux.  Attached to the box is a 20/21 inch
> sun monitor.  Anyway to connect the sun monitor to an intel machine?
> Is there an adapter plug??

I have seen some web pages out there about this.  I have a Sparc IPX and
have not yet attempmted this change.  The newer monitors may be different,
but the older ones used a proprietary plug (3 coax + 6 pin in a db
shell) and you kind of had to roll your own adapter.  You then had to have
your refresh and line rates set just so, because they weren't multisync
monitors.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
145 days is too long to wait for Telocity and Verizon to hook up my DSL.