[ale] KDE 2.0 on RedHat 7.0

Robert Hoffman hoffman at frankenlinux.com
Mon Nov 6 23:04:44 EST 2000

I just installed kde2 from a tarball at home (I couldn't get the src.rpms to
compile.) on my RedHat 6.2 box. Edit the file .Xclients in your home
directory. Comment out the stuff that is there and add the line:

/usr/local/kde/bin/startkde

Note that I put "/usr/local/kde/bin" in my path. If the above isn't your path
to kde, do an "slocate startkde" or a "find / -iname startkde" to find the
appropriate path.

-Rob Hoffman