[ale] linuxsparc monitor question

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Nov 6 12:49:47 EST 2000

Thanks for the posts,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Sue Bauer-Lee [mailto:sblee at tazmania.org]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 10:00 AM
To: Armsby John-G16665
Subject: Re: [ale] linuxsparc monitor question

There are vendors that make PC video cards to support the Sun monitors.
In the past they've been a bit more expensive than a standard video card but
they do exist. I have one but I don't think it has more than 2-4 megs of
memory. I think the make is Photon, but can check this evening. I used
one of my PC for a quite some time using this card. BTW - if I remember
correctly, the card came with the BNC cables for MAC and PC and we were able
to find a converter to 13W3 (which is more likely the connector type on your
monitor).

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 09:35:26AM -0500, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:
> I have a sparc10 running linux.  Attached to the box is a 20/21 inch sun monitor.  Anyway to connect the sun monitor to an intel machine?  Is there an adapter plug??
>

> John

Sue Bauer-Lee          |    KE4HNN
PO Box 2900            |
Lilburn, GA 30048      |    Email: sblee at tazmania.org