[ale] masq and sendmail

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sun Nov 5 00:43:04 EST 2000

Gary Maltzen wrote:

> The "Received: from" line is added by your upstream mail relay.
> When sendmail connects to another server, it sends
>
>   HELO my.name.is
>
> The "denali.home.edu" is defined by the $j macro.
> The default is the hostname-dot-domain of your machine.
> You can change that by explicitly defining the $j macro
>
>    Djdenali.atlnet.com

Thank you that worked.  Wierd thing is, the previous setup had been
working all along.  Then all of a sudden a list I've been on for quite a
while started bouncing my postings.  Just this one list, no others.  Too
wierd.

Thanks again.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein