[ale] masq and sendmail

Gary Maltzen maltzen at MM.COM
Sat Nov 4 16:46:44 EST 2000

The "Received: from" line is added by your upstream mail relay.
When sendmail connects to another server, it sends

  HELO my.name.is

The "denali.home.edu" is defined by the $j macro.
The default is the hostname-dot-domain of your machine.
You can change that by explicitly defining the $j macro

   Djdenali.atlnet.com

If you use m4 to generate your sendmail.cf then you want to add

  define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `denali.atlnet.com')dnl

to your sendmail.mc