[ale] ftape error->"device not configured"

Cor van Dijk cor.angela at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 3 15:44:37 EST 2000

Courtney Thomas wrote:

> Greetings !
>
> Under RedHat6.1, using a Tecmar Ditto Max Pro parallel port tape drive,
> I have installed ftape without incident but when I..........
>
>         mt -f /dev/qft0 status
>
> I get.................
>
>         device not configured
>
> The configuration instructions are opaque to me.
>
> Comments from anyone successfully installing a parallel port tape device
> using ftape would be most appreciated.
>
> Courtney

Hi Courtney,
Are you sure this tape drive is a parallel port device? Because "ftape" stands
for "floppy tape driver" and is for devices that hang off the floppy drive.
Besides, the only ditto tape drive that I am aware off hangs off the floppy
drive, but that could be my bias. Try "lsmod" or "/sbin/lsmod" to see which
modules are loaded. Cor