[ale] making boot diskettes for 386

Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 2 23:11:00 EST 2000

On Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:00:19 -0500, Rod Young wrote:

>To clarify I had problems rawriting boot disk on pentiniums for 386's.
>Will I have the same problem if I make the the boot disk under linux?

Are you sure the problem was the Pentium vs the 386?  This is much more
likely to be differences in alignment in the floppy drives involved
than having anything to do with the particular CPUs on the different
machines(particularly given you're just RAWRITing supplied disk
images).  I've made Slackware boot disks on a Pentium machine and used
the disk to install on a 386 before without problems.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively
http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at