[ale] Gdm problems

Douglas Bridges doug_bridges at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:18:03 EST 2000

I tried killing off my .Xauthority file, and it made no difference. I then
tried to looked in syslog (amazing concept) and it told me that
/etc/X/gdm/Sessions/Xsession should be executable and readable by all. I
fixed that problem, but same old problem. Inside syslog, gdm is complaining
gdm_server_start: Old server found (1807). Killing. I then get other errors
about not being able to kill slave processes.

Thanks for the help,
Doug