[ale] Using GIMP

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Tue Jun 27 08:52:28 EDT 2000

David Corbin wrote:

> I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to help me understand the GIMP
> with a few specific questions that just don't seem to be answered when I
> browse the online documentation.  If any one is interested in clarifying
> a few things about this tool, please email me.

Have you checked out "Grokking the GIMP?"  It looks pretty interesting
to me.  It is more about the how and why of the GIMP, and less about
getting a particular effect.  The other books I've seen are more
recipe books.  "Grokking the GIMP" is designed to let you write your
own recipes.

I admit that I haven't read much of it.  You can get it online at
http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html