[ale] wrong processor detected

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jun 27 08:15:09 EDT 2000

Copying the ALE list with private email that provided a solution...

"Eric Z. Ayers" wrote:

> Could it be that you changed your power settings?  If you conserve
> more power, the chip runs 'slower'

Well, that hit the nail on the head.  Checking out the bios settings, I
found an option:

Processor Speed: low

Reset it to the only other option, high, and I've got the other half of
my processor back.  When you mentioned power settings, I new I had been
mucking with the bios (disabling sound and system beep for stealth use
during a conference), so I must have toggled this puppy during one of
those stints.

Thanks muchly.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation