[ale] [Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com: Xupgrade hoses it?]

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Sun Jun 25 11:43:45 EDT 2000

I just did a "dist-upgrade" on my debian potato box.  It appears to have
upgraded my XF86 3.3.6 and now when I start X, I get this:

bob:/home/nomad>startx

X:  server socket directory has suspiciou ownership, aborting.
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

I tried to remove and re-install X11...   no go.

Help?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!