[ale] 2.2.16; eth0

Jeffery Tillotson jeffx at jeffx.com
Fri Jun 23 17:27:03 EDT 2000

Greetings,
Just finished updating on of my servers to kernel
2.2.16.  Everything went well (after a small RAID fiasco) but I am having a
problem with my eth0 adapter.  The module appears to be in the right place
( /lib/modules/2.2.16-RAID/net ) there is an alias for it in /etc/conf.modules
but everytime I try to start networking I get:
    Delaying eth0
initialization.

I am running Red Hat Linux and just updated my
kernel to 2.2.16.  The modules is tlan.o.  I am a bit confused.
If I boot using the older 2.2.14 kernel it works fine.

Any suggestions?