[ale] pppd problem

John R. Allgood - Sys Admin john at turbocorp.com
Thu Jun 22 15:54:48 EDT 2000

	I am trying to dial into one of my dial in routers. I can connect no
problem using laptop with windows. When I use ppp to dial in I get this
message.
pppd: The remote system is required to authenticate itself but I
pppd: couldn't find any secret (password) which would let it use an IP
address.

What could be my problem I am using pap. It seems that ppp is looking to
validate a password on my server before it will be validated on our
router. It should only be validated on my router.

Please Help

Thanks
John R. Allgood