[ale] dd for 'ghosting' ?

Jim Kinney jkinney at teller.physics.emory.edu
Fri Jun 16 09:02:35 EDT 2000

Use a disk like Tom's root/boot. Modify to include the networking card and
networking stuff you need. (Or the LinuxCare CD) Pipe a dd to a tar
dump over the network to your storage server of the machine after you boot
with the floppy. If the box needs a restore, reverse the process. Untar
from the network server, pipe to dd to the hard drive.

Somewhere I saw an article about a group that was using a similar process.
I don't remeber if it was slashdot or Linux Journal.

JimK