[ale] OPENWORLD2000

Roz Denson roz.denson at rmrplc.com
Tue Jun 13 10:33:43 EDT 2000

Event: Open World 2000  Location: Online virtual conference and exhibition      Date: November 13 - 24, 2000    Link: www.openworld2000.com

Please read the following information for your reference
OpenWorld2000 is the worlds first virtual, global linux & opensource conference and exhibition event to be held on line as from November the 13th for an entire year.  The event has two prominent elements the conference and the exhibition.

The event will bring you the latest on open source & Linux trends, theories and practices direct to your desktop. The free online conference will provide video presentations, audio interviews and conference papers with open source & Linux gurus and key individuals in the industry, as well as live chat and discussion forums to allow networking and encourage debate. (the conference runs for the first two weeks of the event)

The on-line exhibition hall will showcase the latest open source & Linux solutions, with links to solution providers. (runs for an entire year)

We will also be having quarterly seminars enabling companies to host workshops regarding specific area's of linux & open source interest in order to encourage delegates back to the event throughout its year duration.

We want to invite all Linux User Group Members to the event through providing an interaction point from which members from all over the world can meet and chat via e-mail.  We are providing the opportunity also, for Linux Group Members to participate in the conference through the submission of white papers and presentations based on their area of expertise.

Through providing this interaction point we are asking founders of Linux User groups to e-mail there members to inform them about the event prior to its launch.  In return we would be happy to include a URL link from the site to your organisations website in order to make people aware of the Linux User Group based in there area.

I am the event co-ordinator and would appreciate your feedback.  This idea is pending an adequate positive response.
Please let me know area's that you strongly feel should be encompassed within the conference and if you are aware of any specific marketing channels that we should use to profile this event.

Please me e-mail me with your contact details so that I can call you to discuss in more detail.
I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Best Regards
Roz Denson

Roz Denson
RMR plc